Clingan's Trust
(1736-present)

group and charity (from 1736)

Aged 282

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Photo of  John Clingan and Clingan's Trust blue plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr

In 1714 a house and shop on this site, with a farm and other land, were left by John Clingan, a mercer, in trust, leading to the establishment in 1736 of CLINGAN'S TRUST to benefit the 'poor of the parish'. The income from the trust continues to assist young people in their advancement in life

Bookends, 67 High Street, Christchurch, United Kingdom where it established (1735)