George Eliot the novelist, visited the town in 1859 and renamed it St. Oggs in her novel, The Mill on the Floss published 4th April 1860

on Wikimedia Commons
This is an approximate position

by The Delvers

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Brian Cooper on Flickr
Dcs57 on Wikimedia Commons
z_aurelie on Flickr
George Eliot
gnomonic on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr