Court Royal formerly "Madeira Hotel". Notable guest Guglielmo Marconi built 100 foot experimental aerial mast here and received the world's first paid radio message from Lord Kelvin on the Isle of Wight on the 3rd June 1898. Since 1947, Court Royal, has been a convalescent home for South Wales miners.

Photo of Madeira Hotel, Court Royal, and Guglielmo Marconi blue plaque
Alwyn Ladell on Flickr
Photo of Madeira Hotel, Court Royal, and Guglielmo Marconi blue plaque
ell brown on Flickr
Photo of Madeira Hotel, Court Royal, and Guglielmo Marconi blue plaque
Chris Downer on Geograph
Photo of Madeira Hotel, Court Royal, and Guglielmo Marconi blue plaque
Alwyn Ladell on Flickr
Photo of Madeira Hotel, Court Royal, and Guglielmo Marconi blue plaque
Alwyn Ladell on Flickr
Photo of Madeira Hotel, Court Royal, and Guglielmo Marconi blue plaque
Alwyn Ladell on Flickr
Photo of Madeira Hotel, Court Royal, and Guglielmo Marconi blue plaque
ell brown on Flickr

Court Royal, South Cliff Road, Bournemouth
Google Streetview

by Borough of Bournemouth on 18 September 1992

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Photo of Guglielmo Marconi marble plaque
Eugene O'Loughlin on Flickr PD 1.0
Photo of Guglielmo Marconi gold plaque
Simply Jan on Flickr
Photo of Guglielmo Marconi gold plaque
Simply Jan on Flickr
Photo of Guglielmo Marconi, Wireless Telegraph Company Limited, and Nellie Melba bronze plaque
nick.harrisonfli on Flickr
Photo of Guglielmo Marconi blue plaque
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Photo of Guglielmo Marconi grey plaque
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Photo of Guglielmo Marconi blue plaque
Pete Reed on Flickr
Photo of Guglielmo Marconi blue plaque
rw_norris2000 on Flickr
Photo of Guglielmo Marconi and Nellie Melba blue plaque
cazphoto.co.uk on Flickr
Photo of Guglielmo Marconi brass plaque
blech​ on Flickr
Photo of George Kemp and Guglielmo Marconi blue plaque
Kay Atherton on Geograph
Photo of Wireless Telegraph Company Limited and Guglielmo Marconi blue plaque
Stuart Axe on Flickr