Methodist Church John Wesley, who travelled throughout 18th century England, preached in the nearby fishing village of "Fluckburgh" in 1759, but it was not until 1867 that his followers began to meet regularly in Grange at a stone barn by the shore. Later they met morning and evening at Berners Close until this present Church opened in 1874 on land donated by Alexander Brogden of Holme Island. His wife laid the foundation stone. The Reverend Bamford Judge, first incumbent, was given permission by Furness Railway Company to walk over the railway viaduct, a facility that saved him considerable time on the Arnside and Kendal Ministers Circuit.
Kents Bank Road, Grange-over-Sands
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap