Circa 1900 Geo. Parkes & Sons Ltd. Colonial Timber Merchants This building served as a shop, which stood on Parkes’s Sawmill property in Rawson Street, prior to being relocated here in 1991 due to the development of the Woodmill Lane shopping complex. This elongated building of corrugated iron sheeting had a sliding door to the west, which was conveniently served by a branch line of the South Western Railway Co., connecting the shop to the Government (Thesen’s) jetty as well as to the Knysna Forest. The shop supplied general household merchandise to the employees of the sawmill.

Philip Caveney on Flickr

17 Queen Street, Knysna
Google Streetview

by Knysna Historical Society

Colour: brown

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.