Joseph Aloysius Hansom, 1803-1882, inventor and architect, designed the central block of this building which was erected in 1836 as the Proprietary School, opened in 1837, and which re-opened as the Town Museum in 1849.

Nick Harrison on Flickr
Helen Wells on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr

The Museum & Art Gallery, New Walk, Leicester
Google Streetview

by Leicester City Council

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Helen Wells on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Keith Seabridge on Flickr
John Scurr on Flickr CC0