Pecan Cemetery Tabernacle. In 1884 J. W. McKenzie deeded 3.5 acres of land for church and cemetery purposes in the Purves Community. A portion of the donated land has been used as a burial ground since 1880. The Friendship Baptist Church disbanded in 1915 after serving the area for more than 30 years. Lumber from that church building was used to construct this tabernacle in 1922. The building is a well-preserved example of a group meeting shelter. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1996 #3969

Photo of Black plaque № 16766
QuesterMark on Flickr
Photo of Black plaque № 16766
QuesterMark on Flickr

by Texas Historical Commission #3969 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.