Alice Emmert Home. Built about 1868 in late Greek revival style by George B. Draper. Victorian elements were added by later owners before 1898, when the house was purchased by Alice Emmert (1866-1925). Miss Emmert, who was one of the first women elected to public office in Texas, served as county superintendent of education, 1908-20. Claudia Taylor (Mrs. Lyndon B. Johnson) lived here, 1924-26, while attending school. The structure is still owned by an Emmert heir. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1974 #8030
Note that the house is no longer owned by am Emmert heir.