Texas Midland Railroad. A northeast line of the Houston and Texas Central Railroad was built through this area in 1882. In 1892 it was purchased by Mrs. Hetty Green and later reorganized as the Texas Midland Railroad. Under the innovative leadership of her son Edward H. R. Green, it was instrumental in the early economic development of area communities, especially Terrell, where maintenance facilities were located. Later part of the Southern Pacific System, the line was operated until 1958. This railroad car, found at Sand Lake, is typical of business cars used on the line. #8558

Rheba on Flickr

by Texas Historical Commission #8558 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.