The Old Hall. This fine house of 1738, on the site of one of the medieval prebendal houses, served as Canon's Residence from 1841 to 1858. Between 1852 and 1858 Revd. Charles Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) stayed for some weeks of each year, and in 1855 wrote "Ye Carpette Knyghte", one of his humorous poems, and in 1858 "Legend of Scotland", a story for the Bishop's childresn.
Richard Collier on Wikimedia Commons