The Shakespeare Memorial Theatre patron his Majesty King George the Fifth was opened on the 23rd day of April 1932 by his Royal Highness Edward Prince of Wales and built by International Subscription. President of the Governors, Chairman of the Council the Viscount Burnham, Sir Archibald Flower. Architects Elisabeth Scott, Maurice Chesterton, John Casherherd. Superstructure G.E. Wallis & Sons Ltd. Foreman E.G. Miller. Foundations Holliday & Greenwood Ltd. Foreman J Farndon. Clerk of works P C Long. Secretary to Fund H Fossell

Elliott Brown on Flickr

Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Bancroft Basin, Stratford-upon-Avon
Google Streetview

on 23 April 1932

Colour: bronze

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr