Prince of Wales Hotel c1859 W J Johnson was the publican in 1859. He probably also ran the Creek Hotel and then the Sailors' Gully Hotel. A later publican, Emma Hansen, advertised that the hotel was 'near the tram terminus, Eaglehawk' and that she kept the 'best brand ales, wines, spirits and cigars 0 footballers and cricketers welcomed'. The Prince of Wales Hotel closed in 1914. The premises later operated as a cash store and private residence.