Cavendish Laboratory 1874-1974 Established by the Duke of Devonshire and extended by Lord Rayleigh (1908) and Lord Austin (1940), the Cavendish Laboratory housed the Department of Physics from the time of the first Cavendish Professor, James Clerk Maxwell, until its move to new laboratories in West Cambridge

Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
sleepymyf on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
See also...
The Pingus on Flickr
Seth Anderson on Flickr
Megalit on Wikimedia Commons
gnomonic on Flickr
Jim Barton on Geograph
watty62 on Wikimedia Commons