George Bernard Shaw lived in this house from 1887-1898 'from the coffers of his genius he enriched the world'

The plaque was erected by St Pancras Borough Council in 1951, a year after Shaw's death. It was adopted into the official London plaque scheme by the Greater London Council in 1975 - a decade after the abolition of the Metropolitan Borough of St Pancras and a year after the GLC had installed a plaque commemorating Virginia Woolf at the same address.

Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Alan S> on Flickr
Gwynhafyr on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Flickr
See also...
Spudgun67 on Flickr
TexKap on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
ƒliçkrwåy on Flickr
sgwarnog2010 on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons