Captain Matthew Flinders RN 1774-1814 explorer and navigator lived here
The plaque was first erected by the London County Council in 1961 at 53 Stanhope Street, Camden.The building was demolished in 1965 and the plaque re-erected at the present address in 1973 by the GLC.
56 Fitzroy Street, Camden, W1, London
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap
by administered by English Heritage as part of the London wide plaque scheme and Greater London Council in 1973