On Sunday 27th June 1647. King Charles of blessed memory, having been deprived of the ministrations of his Church for a year and two months, while a prisoner of the Army of the Scots, worshipped in this Church. His chaplains present were Dr Hammond & Dr Sheldon

See also...
kevjs1982 on Flickr
kevjs1982 on Flickr
Ben Sutherland on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Wolverhampton Plaques on Flickr
Eirian Evans on Geograph
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Keith Seabridge on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
John Levin on Flickr
Marvin Barretto on Flickr
flipflopnick on Flickr
sgwarnog2010 on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
sgwarnog2010 on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Jaggery on Geograph
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
newcastleplaques on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr