Market House 18th C Former market place, meeting house and town hall, this building housed an early fire-cart and later the horse drawn fire engine. The top floor was used for parochial meetings and dispensing charity bread, and is still the meeting place of the Parish Council. The stocks were first located here next to the Pinnacle in 1800.

Photo of Blue plaque number 5512
Mike Quinn on Geograph
Photo of Blue plaque number 5512
g0akh on Flickr
Photo of Blue plaque number 5512
rw_norris2000 on Flickr
Photo of Blue plaque number 5512
rw_norris2000 on Flickr

Market House, Martock
Google Streetview

by Martock Parish Council

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.