This house, built c.1600, sheltered James Scott, Duke of Monmouth, from 28th-30th June, 1685, when Frome people 'called him King as confidently as if he had the crown on his head'. After years of neglect, Monmouth Chambers was restored by Mrs. D. Brown, M.A., M.B.E., of Bristol, in 1992. Assisted by Frome Historic Buildings Trust, Mendip D. C. and English Heritage.

This is an approximate position

by Frome Society for Local Study

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Jonathan Kington on Geograph
Elliott Brown on Flickr
John Levin on Flickr
gnomonic on Flickr