Hier woonde en werkte Jan Van Der Hayden van 1681 tot zyn dood 28 Maart 1712

"Memorial Stone for Jan van der Heyden in the wall of the school in 1868 was built on the site of his house and engine factory. The relief portrait was designed by Gerrit van Arkel, minced by Emil van den Bossche and placed in 1912 on the initiative of the Society Amstelodamum. Van der Heyden was an important landscape painter but he is best known by the improved engine and the invention of the city lights." - Onno Boers http://www.flickr.com/photos/vvag/3297667493