River Police, Newcastle
(1845-present)

group and river police

Aged 176

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Peter Hughes on Flickr

River Police Station Encouraged by local ship owners, the Admiralty formed the first River Police on 4th August, 1845 with 21 men and 6 rowing boats. This station was built in 1910, Fenwicke and Watson, architects.

Swing Bridge approach road on the side of the former Police Station. (La Riviera Restaurant), Gateshead, United Kingdom where it worked (1910)