Railway Roundhouse, Leeds
place and locomotive roundhouse
Commemorated on 1 plaque
The Railway Roundhouse was built in 1847 to accommodate 20 locomotives or the Leeds & Thirsk Railway. The adjacent crescent-shaped repair shop, forges and fitting shops were used to build and maintain locomotives until 1904. No comparable group of railway buildings now survives in this country. Designed by Thomas Grainger.
The Roundhouse, Wellington Road, Leeds, United Kingdom where it sited (1847)