The Railway Roundhouse was built in 1847 to accommodate 20 locomotives or the Leeds & Thirsk Railway. The adjacent crescent-shaped repair shop, forges and fitting shops were used to build and maintain locomotives until 1904. No comparable group of railway buildings now survives in this country. Designed by Thomas Grainger.

'(p_khoo) on Flickr
This is an approximate position

The Roundhouse, Wellington Road, Leeds
[geolocate this address]
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap

by Leeds Civic Trust on 20 November 2012

Colour: blue