Commemorated on 5 plaques

Texas Historical Marker #10961

A. E. Gossett Home. House of typical southern plan, with separate kitchen in back yard, Built 1835 by A. E. Gossett, owner of large land grant from Mexico. An early 1836 visitor was former Tennessee neighbor, Col. David Crockett, on his way to the Alamo, and camping with his company for a night at the spring nearby.

?, Crockett, TX, United States where they lived (1835)

Texas Historical Marker #11132

Five Courthouses of Houston County. On June 12, 1837, President Sam Houston authorized the formation of Houston County, the first newly created county in the Republic of Texas. Andrew W. Gossett (1812-1890) donated land, which included this square, for the townsite. He and his father, Elijah, both veterans of the Battle of San Jacinto, named the county for Sam Houston, and the county seat for David Crockett, a former Tennessee friend. The first county courthouse, a log structure which served as a fortress during Indian attacks, was in use at this location by 1838. A brick building, which replaced the first courthouse in 1851, was destroyed by a fire of mysterious origin in 1865. County business was conducted in the L.E. Downes building on the southwest corner of the square until a two-story frame structure was finished in 1869. A jail addition burned in 1871 while it was under construction. The third courthouse and jail burned in 1882. The fourth courthouse, completed at this site in 1883, was razed in 1938. While this three-story structure was under construction, county business was conducted in the Crockett Hotel. In 1975 the third-floor jail was moved to a separate building and the fifth Houston County courthouse was remodeled. (1979) #11132

Courthouse Square, Crockett, TX, United States where they donated land

Texas Historical Marker #11188

Andrew Edwards Gossett. (July 19, 1812 -- March 24, 1890) Donor of land for city of Crockett. After Houston County was created on June 8, 1837, from territory of Nacogdoches, a centrally-located county seat was provided by donation of this townsite by Gossett from his colonist's grant. #11188

5th and Lamar, Crockett, TX, United States where they donated land

Texas Historical Marker #11196

Andrew Edwards Gossett. (1812-1890) Noted public official and soldier in Republic of Texas. Moved here from Tennessee in 1833 with wife Rhoda (Mulder); received large land grant from Mexico. Helped defend frontier in restless post-revolutionary period by serving in Texas Army. In 1836 he donated land for a townsite, naming it for his long-time family friend Day Crockett -- soon to be a martyr at the Battle of the Alamo. Gossett later served as peace officer and county judge. By first wife he had nine children. By second wife, Mary Margaret (Murchison), he had two. #11196

Beasley Memorial Drive, Crockett, TX, United States where they lived near

Texas Historical Marker #11247

Beazley House. This site was originally part of a Republic of Texas land grant to Andrew Edwards Gossett, a veteran of the Battle of San Jacinto. Around the turn of the century it became part of a real estate development which opened a new Crockett residential area. Charles Harrison Beazley (1850-1929) purchased this property in 1912 and erected this cottage with elaborate victorian trim. He used wood from his farm and had it cut at the family sawmill. He and his wife Margaret Elizabeth "Bettie" (Lively) (1863-1960) and two sons moved into town so the boys could be near better schools.

700 Terrell Street, Crockett, TX, United States where they donated land