Assembly Rooms, Wakefield

place and assembly rooms

Aged unknown

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Brian Cooper on Flickr

Built as Assembly Rooms in 1798, offices for Wakefield's first newspaper from 1803, and home of Wakefield Church Institution from 1845 to 1858, these premises were leased by Wakefield Corporation as their Town Hall from 1861 to 1880.

Crown Court, Wakefield, United Kingdom where it sited