Commemorated on 7 plaques
Town Hall & Assembly Room 1776 architect John Carr of York 1723-1807
Newark Town Hall, Market Place, Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom where they designed
Home of John Carr, Architect (1723-1807) c. 1747
junction of Cluntergate with the Horbury bypass, Horbury, United Kingdom where they lived
Fairfax House. Built in 1755-1762 by John Carr for Viscount Fairfax of Emley. It was restored in 1983/84 by York Civic Trust and contains the famous Noel Terry Collection of Georgian furniture. The House is open to the public.
Castlegate, York, United Kingdom where they built (1755-1762)
Castlegate House. Designed by John Carr, Architect, of York (1723-1807) for Peter Johnson, Recorder of York, and completed in 1763.
29 Castlegate, York, United Kingdom where they designed
Carr's Lane. Formerly known as Le Kirke Lane, Kirk Lane or Kirkgail (13th Century). Later re-named Carr's Lane, possibly because John Carr, distinguished architect and Lord Mayor of York, lived in a large residence on the North-East corner of the Lane.
Carr's Lane, York, United Kingdom where they lived near
Thirsk Hall. Home of the Lords of the Manor. Since 1723. Extended by John Carr, York architect, in 1774.
Thirsk Hall, Kirkgate, Thirsk, United Kingdom where they designed (1774)
Gledhow Hall. in 1764 the cloth merchant Jeremiah Dixon bough the estate and hall whose remodelling soon after is attributed to John Carr. Later illustrious residents included: 1817-26 Sir John Beckett, banker, Twice Mayor of Leeds, and 1884-1911 Sir James Kitson, industrialist, MP, first Lord Mayor of Leeds.
Junction of Lidgett Lane and Gledhow Lane. LS8 1PG, Leeds, United Kingdom where they built