Mary M. "Polly" Long

woman

Aged unknown

Family tree

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Texas Historical Marker #16639

Smith Cemetery In 1846, Mary M. "Polly" Long received 640 acres in this area from the State of Texas. She deeded half to her son, Richard B. Long, in 1852. He sold this tract in 1881, reserving one acre to preserve the existing cemetery, which was used as early as 1857 by local settlers, many of whom were Long's relatives or neighbors. The earliest marked grave dates to 1862. The cemetery takes its name from the numerous members of the Smith family buried here. Other graves include those of "Polly" Long, early County Commissioner William Green, and Civil War veterans F.Y. Smith and James Dark. Historic Texas Cemetery #16639

?, Tyler, TX, United States where they received (1846), deeded (1852), and was buried