Leyton Orient Football Club
(1881-present)

Aged 138

Commemorated on 2 plaques

Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons

Leyton Orient Football Club - Established as Glyn Cricket Club in 1881 by former students of Homerton College and named Orient in 1888 after the shipping line. Renamed Clapton Orient in 1898, the O's moved to Brisbane Road in 1937 and the Club changed it's name to Leyton Orient after WWII

Oliver Road E10, London, United Kingdom where it played (1881-1930)

Lea Bridge Stadium - On this site stood Lea Bridge Stadium, the home of Lea Bridge Speedway team 1928-1938 and Clapton Orient football club. The O's moved to this site from nearby Millfields Road in 1930 before moving to Brisbane Road in 1937

Rigg Approach E10, London, United Kingdom where it played (1930-1937)