Charles Conrad Turner
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Bracondale Hill On this site Robert John Turner (1795-1872) built his house 'Bracondale Hill' about 1847. A lawyer, he practised in the chancery courts at Osgoode Hall and became referee of titles and accountant general of the court of chancery. His son, Frank Edwin Prince Turner, inherited 'Bracondale Hill' and after a career of railroad building in Brazil, Argentina, Honduras and England, returned to become first post-master of Bracondale Village and after, deputy reeve of York Township. Frank's younger brother, Charles Conrad, lived in the house until his death in 1932. In 1937 the mansion was demolished but street names such as Turner, Conrad, Frank and Ashworth recall the influence of the Turner family.
950 Davenport Road, Toronto, ON, Canada where they lived