Blanco County Courthouse

place and courthouse

Aged unknown

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Jimmy Emerson, DVM on Flickr
Texas Historical Marker #00427

Blanco County Courthouse. Designed by San Antonio architect Henry T. Phelps, the 1916 Blanco County Courthouse was the first permanent courthouse built after the seat of government moved from Blanco to Johnson City in 1890. Serving as contractor for the project was stonemason James Waterston, who had come from Scotland to Texas in 1883 to aid in the construction of the state Capitol. The Classical Revival limestone structure features Doric columns and a domed cupola. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1983 #427

?, Johnson City, TX, United States where it sited