Blanco County Courthouse. Designed by San Antonio architect Henry T. Phelps, the 1916 Blanco County Courthouse was the first permanent courthouse built after the seat of government moved from Blanco to Johnson City in 1890. Serving as contractor for the project was stonemason James Waterston, who had come from Scotland to Texas in 1883 to aid in the construction of the state Capitol. The Classical Revival limestone structure features Doric columns and a domed cupola. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1983 #427

Jimmy Emerson, DVM on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
stevesheriw on Flickr All Rights Reserved
stevesheriw on Flickr All Rights Reserved
Nicolas Henderson on Wikimedia Commons
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr