Convent Walk. This footpath was opened on 22nd June 1911 by the Mayor of Christchurch, Mr Robert Druitt, to commemorate the Coronation of King George V and Queen Mary. The nearby Coronation Oak was planted as a sapling by the Mayoress. This plaque was erected to commemorate the centenary on 22nd June 2011.

Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr

Convent Walk, Mill Stream, Christchurch
Google Streetview

by Christchurch Local History Society on 22 June 2011

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr: