The Guildhall is an imposing Victorian Gothic building designed (1861-4) by E. W. Godwin and extended on the west by Jeffery and Holding (1889-91). It succeeded the Old Town Hall which for 500 years stood on the corner of Abington Street and Wood Hill. The statues and mural panels illustrate almost every important personage, craft and event in Northampton's history, from Saxon time and the Danish invasion, to the more welcome arrival from Denmark of Princess Alexandra in 1863 to marry the heir to the British throne (later King Edward VII).
2 Saint Giles' Square, Northampton
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap