The Morelli House. The Morelli House is a classic example of Las Vegas mid-century residential architecture. It was built in 1959 by the Sands Hotel orchestra leader Antonio Morelli and his wife Helen. Originally located at 52 Country Club Lane in the former Desert Inn Country Club Estates, now the Wynn resort, the modernistic house then featured an open plan that integrated interior and exterior spaces, natural materials, and the latest innovative home appliances. In 2001, the Junior League of Las Vegas relocated the Morelli House to its present site and completed restoration in 2009.Listed 2001, Nevada State Register of Historic PlacesListed 2007, City of Las Vegas Historic Property RegisterThis historic preservation project was funded, in part, by the Nevada Commission for Cultural Affairs and through generous donations from the Las Vegas community and members of the Junior League.
None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.