Passmore Edwards Library, Baths and Wash House a ‘one-stop shop’, opened in 1903 on the corner of Wells Way and Neate Street. Partly funded by Victorian philanthropist John Passmore Edwards, its aim was to improve the health and leisure of local working people, at a time when many houses lacked bathrooms, clothes-washing facilities and books.

Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
See also...
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
John Passmore Edwards 1823-1911