John Linnell 1792-1882 painter lived here. William Blake 1757-1827 poet and artist stayed here as his guest.

This plaque is, uniquely for the official London scheme, oval in shape and is the only surviving example manufactured from fibre-glass, a material used only twice by the scheme - the other example being the original Evelyn Underhill plaque erected in 1967. A standard ceramic plaque would have been unsuitable for the weatherboarded 17th century farmhouse, although enamelled steel is the usual material in such applications, having been employed by the LCC, the GLC and English Heritage over the years.

Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Martin Addison on Geograph
See also...
atrebatus on Flickr
FamilyHistoryAddict on Flickr
snapper116 on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons