Evelyn Underhill 1875-1941 Christian philosopher and teacher lived here 1907-1939
The plaque replaced a fibre-glass plaque erected by the Greater London Council in 1975 (one of only two times this material was used, the other being the Linnell and Blake plaque in Hampstead). Rectangular in shape to fit the buildings facade, by 1988 it had deteriorated and in 1990 was replaced by English Heritage, which, having possession of a tape measure, determined that a normal (19½ inch, 495 mm) ceramic blue roundel would fit just fine.
50 Campden Hill Square, London
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap
by administered by English Heritage as part of the London wide plaque scheme and English Heritage in 1990