Fortfield Terrace Built 1790-94 on Manor Land by Polish architect and speculative builder, Michael Novosielski, who died before its completion. From 24th June to 24th August 1831 Grand Duchess Helena of Russia, Sister-in-Law of the Czar, rented No. 8 for herself and No. 7 for her entourage. Visit commemorated by double-headed eagle, symbol of Imperial Russia, on the central pediment. In 1831 the father of Elizabeth Barrett Browning with his family rented No. 8 for a year.