New orleans historical marker (1)
New Orleans. First sighted as Indian portage to Lake Pontchartrain and Gulf in 1699 by Bienville and Iberville. Founded by Bienville in 1718; named by him in honor of the Duke of Orleans, Regent of France. Called the Crescent City because of location in bend of the Mississippi. Erected by the Louisiana Tourist Development Commission 1968

Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA, United States

17249296015 d6bd19a769 m
Christ Episcopal Church. Built 1846 by Jonathan Arthur of London for descendants of English settlers in British West Florida. Consecrated by Bishop Leonidas K. Polk April 11, 1847. Christ Church is the oldest public building being used in Covington. Erected by the Louisiana Tourist Development Commission, 1974.

120 South New Hampshire Street, Covington, United States

25589021865 e796d8c36e m
Allard Plantation. Plantation of Louis Allard was purchased by his grandfather, Don Santiago Lorreins in 1770's from estate of Francisco Hery, called Duplanty, builder of the first Cabildo Building in N.O. in 1769. Acquired from Allard in 1845 by J. McDonough -- given to N.O. in 1850. La Plantation Allard. La plantation de Louis Allard, achetée par son grand-père Don Santiago Lorreins vers 1770, avait appartenu à des biens de Francisco Héry, surnommé Duplanty, qui construisit en 1769 le premier Cabildo de la Nouvelle-Orléans. Vendue par Allard en 1845 à J. McDonough, elle fut offerte en 1850 à la Nouvelle-Orléans.

City Park Avenue, New Orleans, LA, United States