George Walter Atkinson

Aged unknown

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Photo of Permanent House, George Walter Atkinson, and Leeds Permanent Building Society blue plaque
Peter Hughes on Flickr

Permanent House Was built on the newly created Headrow in 1930 as the headquarters of Leeds Permanent Building Society. Its grandeur befitted Leeds' greatest financial institution which from 1848 enable generations to fulfil the dream of buying their own home. Architect: G. W. Atkinson

Browns Restaurant, The Light, The Headrow, Leeds, United Kingdom where he designed (1930)