Carnegie Library
(1906-present)

place and library

Aged 113

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Richard Davies on Flickr

Carnegie Library 1906 This free public library was erected by St Annes UDC and funded by Scottish-American philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. The architect was JD Harker and the builder Samuel Wilson, both of St Annes. The site was gifted by the St Annes on Sea Land & Building Company Ltd. In 1931 the reference and children's libraries were added by Lytham St Annes Council and built by John Heap & sons of St Annes.

254 Clifton Drive South, St Annes on Sea, United Kingdom where it sited (1906)