Culstrubbe Gate

place and gate

Aged unknown

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Elliott Brown on Flickr

Near this site stood the Culstrubbe Gate of the City, one of four gates erected by Bishop Roger de Clinton (1129-1148). These buildings erected in 1849, now the Council Chamber and offices of the Lichfield Rural District Council, were formerly the 16th century Grammar School and Headmaster's House where many famous men including, Johnson, Garrick, Addison and Ashmole were educated.

The Old Grammar School, St John Street, Lichfield, United Kingdom where it sited