Near this site stood the Culstrubbe Gate of the City, one of four gates erected by Bishop Roger de Clinton (1129-1148). These buildings erected in 1849, now the Council Chamber and offices of the Lichfield Rural District Council, were formerly the 16th century Grammar School and Headmaster's House where many famous men including, Johnson, Garrick, Addison and Ashmole were educated.

See also...
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Jez Nicholson on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Angel Belsey on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Diane Griffiths on Flickr
Diane Griffiths on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Open Plaques on Flickr
David Hicks on Wikimedia Commons
gnomonic on Flickr
Likeaword on Wikimedia Commons
Elliott Brown on Flickr
touluru on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
wfmillar on Geograph
Nick Harrison on Flickr