Clifton Library

place and library

Aged 55

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Nick Harrison on Flickr

This building was erected in 1818 as the Clifton Club Rooms. It was sold in 1851 as schoolrooms for children of the industrial classes. The Clifton Club moved into Clifton Hotel and Assembly Rooms in The Mall where they remain to this day. In 1965 the Christchurch Schools relocated to Royal Park, and this building became the library for Clifton

Clifton Village Library 13 Princess Victoria Street BS8 4BX, Bristol, United Kingdom where it sited (1965)