Commemorated on 4 plaques
Hoc in supercilic sedebat Dorothea Wordsworth dum ex ore fratis prope inambulantis carmina describit
English translation: Dorothy Wordsworth used to sit at this spot, writing down the poems that her brother dictated as he walked nearby.
Near Lancrigg Hotel, Grasmere, United Kingdom where they used to sit
The Village School. The Rector and Church wardens were among the pioneers of education for children of ordinary village folk. This small building, now the famous Gingerbread Shop, was the village school for over 220 years from its opening in 1630AD. William Wordsworth and his wife and sister, who believed that universal education was the way for children to escape poverty and ignorance, taught here in the early 19th century. Village children today still attend the church primary school, across the River Rothay from the Parish Church
Main street, Grasmere, United Kingdom where they taught
The Three Tuns. Reputedly built as the Dower House of the Bell Family, Lords of the Manor, this building became a leading coaching inn. William & Dorothy Wordsworth stayed here in 1802.
Three Tuns Hotel, Market Place, Thirsk, United Kingdom where they stayed (1802)
The Old Rosslyn Inn (circa 1660-1866). Among the distinguished visitors were King Edward VII when Prince of Wales, Dr Samuel Johnson and James Boswell, Robert Burns and Alexander Naysmith, Sir Walter Scott, and William and Dorothy Wordsworth.
Chapel Loan, Roslin, United Kingdom where they visited