A B Row
(1764-present)

place and street

Aged 254

OpenPlaques

Commemorated on 2 plaques

Photo of A B Row stone plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Photo of A B Row stone plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr

In 1764 this stone marked the boundary between the parishes of Aston and Birmingham, the 'A' and 'B' on the stone, and gave it's name to A B Row. Aston Parish covered a vast area, stretching from Deritend out to Water Orton. Birmingham Parish was much smaller, covering part of what is now the city centre, Ladywood and Soho. Over the years this stone has been attached to a number of different buildings, most recently to the factory of Gabriel and Co, which preserved this stone so that it could be placed on it's original site.

Jennens Road (near A B Row and Millennium Point), Birmingham, United Kingdom where it marked

A+B 1764

Jennens Road (near A B Row and Millennium Point), Birmingham, United Kingdom where it marked