Priory House, Christchurch
(1776-present)

place and house

Aged 242

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Photo of Priory House, Christchurch and Gustavus Brander blue plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr

Priory House, built c. 1776 on the site of the monastic ruins by a former Governor of the Bank of England, Fellow of the Royal Society and Trustee of the British Museum, Gustavus Brander 1720-1787 who was also Lord of the Manor of Christchurch Twyneham. His will provided for the first organ for the Priory Church

Wall in front of Priory House, Priory Gardens, Christchurch, United Kingdom where it built on the site of the monastic ruins (1775)