William Alexander
(1814-1872)

Died aged c. 58

Commemorated on 2 plaques

Texas Historical Marker #7158

Seven Oaks (Mallard-Alexander House). Built in 1848 as the home of Judge John B. Mallard, first lawyer in Palestine. Became the home of Judge William Alexander of 1857. Alexander was Chief Justice of Anderson County 1860-1865, and a trustee of the first school in Palestine. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1966 #7158

407 E Kolstad, Palestine, TX, United States where he lived

Texas Historical Marker #8729

Judge William Alexander. Born 1814 in Scotland. Settled in Palestine 1851. Trustee in first school. Practiced in Supreme Courts, Alabama, Texas. Was a partner of John H. Reagan, C.S.A. Postmaster-General, U. S. Congressman, U. S. Senator, Railroad Commissioner. Married 1857 Mrs. Susan Scott Mallard, widow of another law partner. Had two daughters. Chief Justice, Anderson County, 1860-1865. Died in Palestine, 1872. Recorded, 1965 Incise in base: Erected by Ruth R. Eppner, Granddaughter #8729

?, Palestine, TX, United States where he was