Plainview Daily Herald Originally known as the "Hale County Hesperian", this newspaper was established in the late 1880s by D. B. Hill and John Davidson. In 1891 John Minor Shafer, an early Plainview are settler, became the owner and publisher. The newspaper remained a Shafer family operation until 1912. Its name was then changed from the "Hale County Herald" to the "Plainview Herald", and later to the "Plainview Daily Herald". Consolidation with the "Plainview News" in 1929 allowed for continued growth and expanded coverage. In 1978 the "Daily Herald" was purchased by the Hearst Corporation. #4043

Photo of Black plaque number 10720
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr

Broadway Street, Plainview, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #4043 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.