Stricklandgate House. This house was built about 1776 by Joseph Maude, a Kendal banker and for many years housed the Kendal Savings Bank. In 1854 it was leased to the Kendal Literary and Scientific Society of which Wordsworth and Southey were Founder members and became the town's museum and library.

See also...
gnomonic on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Jez Nicholson on Flickr
Frank Lane on Geograph
flipflopnick on Flickr
Jez Nicholson on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
flipflopnick on Flickr
flipflopnick on Flickr
David Hillas on Geograph
Calum McRoberts on Geograph
sgwarnog2010 on Flickr