Early Community Building. Built 1877 by Charles Holman, builder-carpenter from Sweden. Stone was quarried south of town. Over the years, structure housed a school, churches, a newspaper office and a community center. It was purchased by J. E. McClelen in 1949 and restored as a private home. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1969. #1

by Texas Historical Commission #1 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.